The Shield

The Student News Site of Richwoods High School

The Shield

The Shield

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

The pop star and the NFL star have gone public with their relationship. What does Kelce have to say?

Travis Kelce is dishing about Taylor Swift’s big night at the Chief’s game. Just days after the 12-time Grammy winner attended the NFL player’s Sept. 24th Kansas City Chiefs game, where she sat alongside his mom, Donna Kelce. Travis is addressing her headline making appearance. The NFL tight end made an appearance on an episode of his “New Heights” podcast with his brother Jason Kelce. When asked, “How does it feel that Taylor Swift has finally put you on the map?” Travis responds laughing, “Shout out to Taylor for pullin’ up, that was pretty ballsy.” He continues to say how “Everybody in the suite had nothing but great things to say about her, she looked amazing, everybody was talking about her in great light and on top of that the day went perfect for Chiefs fans.”

After the game, Travis and Taylor were spotted leaving the stadium together in his convertible. The Super Bowl champion had this to say about their night, “To see the high-fives with mom, to see how Chiefs kingdom was excited to see her there, that s**t was absolutely hysterical, and it was definitely a game I’ll remember, that’s for d**n sure. And we just slid off in the getaway car at the end.” He then proceeds to say, “Shout out to Taylor for coming through and seeing me rock the stage.” Despite their time in the spotlight, Travis makes it clear that fans should not expect updates on his relationship soon.

The duo first made headlines during the summer when the athlete revealed that he tried to “shoot his shot” with Taylor at her Eras Tour concert in Kansas City. After failing to give her a friendship bracelet he made with his number on it, Travis went on to invite Taylor to come watch him in a game at Arrowhead Stadium. Additionally, the Kansas City tight end plays significantly better when Taylor Swift is in attendance. Per CBS, Kelce averaged 99 receiving yards at games attended by Taylor, who has been spotted at 4 matches so far. And when she’s not there, Travis’s average dips to only 46.5 yards.

Not only does the media notice, but his head coach Andy Reid does too. At a post-game press conference he said, “Kelce keeps getting better with time—Taylor can stay around all she wants.”